Fightin' to remain true to her God, her family, her friends, and her future.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Disc Golf

Disc Golf: Day One (with Jake and Ande)

This wasn't the first picture of the day, but he just looks so cute, I had to start with it!


On our way to the course!


This is Parker with his lunch box of frisbees! He hates it when I call it that. :)




So, I don't know if any of you have played disc golf, but I am not skilled at this particular game. However, Parker happens to be quite good at it, therefore he likes to go a lot. I had been once before, and I really made a fool of myself. Honestly, I'm spastic. We went two times this weekend though. oh, but let me tell you about my epic fail moment of my disc golf playing career. Today when we went, there was a large group of people playing on the "hole" (I don't really understand this term...there are no holes in disc golf...only little chain-Frisbee-catcher thingies and signs that tell you where to go...but whatever) ahead of us. They were letting people pass ahead of them because they were such a large group and would slow other players down. (I think they're group would have had to be about three persons larger to slow me down...but again, whatever.) So, here I am, holding this Frisbee...oops. *ahem* "distance driver" and feeling quite nervous because of the group of 7 people that is about to watch me throw it. Parker throws, he does amazing (As usual). I step up...and take a deep breath...and I throw...and hit the tree three feet in front of me. I kid you not. embarrassing.

Anyways, here's the picture log of those days...minus the embarrassment.


DAY ONE: DISC GOLF



this is Ande (one of my roomies for next semester!) and her boyfriend, Jake (Parker's current roomie). They went with us the first day.


and everything was going just great, until...


Parker's frisbee went into the water. :(


It actually got pretty hillarious. (not for Parker, of course. but still...) The frisbee he lost had an a&m symbol on it and his friend had made it for him, so he was determined to find it.



then after he found his frisbee, he kept on feeling around in the water for OTHER frisbees that people might have lost...lol. Can you say "poor college student"?


He didn't find any more frisbees, but he was pretty excited that he didn't end up losing his beloved a&m one. Here he is giving the good 'ol aggie "'gig em".


Heres Parker and I being silly while walking back...


...and again.


I was really tired from all the hardcore disc-golfing that we did that day, so apparently I wasn't walking all that fast. Parker took my hand and walked fast so I would walk fast...so i decided to be smart and pull my hand out so he couldn't make me walk any faster than I wanted to. Didn't work. he still had ahold of my jacket. but I didn't stop resisting the fast pace. :)


awwwh! a perfect end to a perfect day!


and then I had to study biology. yuck.




DAY TWO: DISC GOLF


Okay, so I'll be the first to admit that I look kinda creepy in this picture...but Parker looks so cute! I had to post it.


I decided I like picking flowers more than I like playing disc golf...(shh! don't tell Parker, but I have a small collection of flowers that I have been picking inside of his disc golf bag! tee-hee!)


I made Parker a flower necklace! He actually didn't have a problem wearing it...he didn't complain at all!




The End!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Evangeline said...

Look at you, crafty girl! I love you!!!

March 6, 2009 at 10:10 AM

 
Blogger Mrs. Fence said...

Looks like you had a great couple of days! What a sport you are, Disc Golf would not be my thing! LOL You gotta love a guy who will wear a flower necklace :)

March 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home