Fightin' to remain true to her God, her family, her friends, and her future.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Everything I ever wanted, everything I need

Wow. So today was valentine's day. Parker and his room mate Jake made dinner for Ande (Jake's girlfriend) and me. It was sooo good! They made chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes, macaroni, AND homemade gravy. It was awesome.

After dinner, Parker blindfolded me and walked me to his car. We drove for a while and then he parked and helped me out. I was so scared! Its crazy having to walk without being able to see if you're going to walk right into a pole or something. But, Parker held my hand and I followed. We walked for about five minutes before he told me that I could take off the blindfold. When I opened my eyes, the two of us were right in front of the century oak. My heart jumped a little. He took my hand and we walked under together and sat on the bench under the tree. We sat down and he gave me a huge bouquet of flowers and a card. The card was absolutely precious. The flowers were absolutely gorgeous...and it felt so good to be under that tree with him.



These are the beautiful flowers that Parker gave to me under the century tree.




This is the century tree. The tradition is that if two people walk under the tree together, it is a sign that they will be together forever. If you walk under alone, legend says that you will be alone forever.


So, today was amazing. Thank you Parker for being my valentine. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you have the nerve to talk baby barf to me?

February 15, 2009 at 10:47 AM

 
Blogger Mrs. Fence said...

Wow! This is a beautiful photo! And what a great legend to go with it.

February 16, 2009 at 7:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home