Fightin' to remain true to her God, her family, her friends, and her future.

Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Date With Parker

So, the 30th was the 2 month anniversary of Parker and I getting back together. I am so happy. He did some really sweet things for me. He told me to be at his house at 7:00 pm and not to eat before I came.
Before I went to his house, I made him a card out of a page from a princess coloring book and I made a ticket stub out of an index card that said "ADMIT ONE: into my heart. For: Parker From: Chelsea" :)
When I came to the door, I knocked...no answer. I knocked again...no answer. I cracked the door open and said, "Parker? Can I come in?" His voice came from his bathroom and I could hear that the sink water was running in there. He told me to hold on and so I waited about a minute before he came to the door and let me in. He gave me a quick peck on the lips and his skin smelled strongly of shaving cream...he had run a little short on time apparently. :) He ran back to the bathroom (to finish shaving the other side of his face) and I looked around. The appartment smelled of pasta sauce and his laptop was in the living room playing what turned out to be a playlist of our favorite songs. The table was set for two and there was a salad and a new bottle of ranch dressing on the counter. There were four pieces of bread in the toaster oven. I felt so warm and happy that he had done all this for me. I watched the bread toast while I waited for him and turned it off a little sooner than it was set for two reasons: 1. the toast would burn 2. i figured if Parker heard the toaster oven ding, then he would hurry back to take it out and butter it while it was hot. And, yet again, I am a genius and my assessment was correct. I heard parker coming back right after I made the toaster go off and I had to all but run back to the seat at the table to make myself seem inculpable. He rushed to the toaster, buttered the toast and opened the seal on some garlic salt seasoning...which he had obviously bought for the occasion. I don't know why, but that really made the whole thing seem genuine to me. He went out of his way just for something little to make the dinner special. I went to the cabinet to get out the bacon bits for the salad, and I was so caught up in my thoughts about how sweet he was for going out of his way and even the fact that he thought of that, that I didn't notice him place a rose infront of my place at the table and then return to the toast. When I turned around, it was just there...like magic almost. I turned the other way for one second and there he was surprising me again. It was such a pretty rose. It was yellow with a hint of pink on the edges of the petals and it was wrapped in brown wax paper. It was the icing on the cake. We sat down and ate...almost awkwardly at first...its been a long time since I have felt awkward with Parker...but it wasn't a bad thing. It was like a first date kind of feeling...but a first date with someone you have known and been best friends with for years...and now had fallen madly in love with. It was nice. With the music playing and the lights low and the food tasting AWESOME...it was a rather wonderful date. And then Parker says, "I think you will like the rest of the date." After we finished eating...we played xbox 360! :) The perfect end to a perfect date.

Today I signed the lease on our* new appartment for this August!

*our meaning: Myself, Amanda (my current roomie), Ande (Parker's roommate's girlfriend and also my friend), and Jackie (Amanda's friend)

I have a fairly short To Do list for tonight, because I worked hard this weekend to get through everything.

To Do List:

Biol 112:
Nothing

Math 131:
1. 1.3 Suggested HW
2. 1.3 Practice HW
3. 1.3 HW

Hist 105:
Nothing

Thar 281:
Nothing

Kine 199:
Nothing

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww that is really sweet. Enjoy life, enjoy everything that is happening to you. I still think back fondly of that time in my life. Just don't forget how strong you are; ou have to be selfish now so that you an be generous later. with both carreer, education, love and money. I'm proud of you.

February 8, 2009 at 8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home