Fightin' to remain true to her God, her family, her friends, and her future.

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Look who made it all the way from Afghanistan!

I went to check my mail today, and look what I got! A card from Laura! (She is my cousin. She is currently deployed in Afghanistan) She makes her own cards and is really in to scrap booking. You can see her blog at lauraevangeline.blogspot.com :)

So, like all good hosts should do for their guests, I showed my visitor around my home: The Texas A&M University Campus!

(NOTE: If the pictures are too small, click on them to enlarge the photo!)


First, we stopped by the bookstore. It is right down the hall from the post office where my mail box is!



Second, we kept on going down the hall at the MSC (Memorial Student Center) and stopped by the flag room, one of my favorite places on campus. Unfortunately, after this year they are going to close this building as well as this room for a 3 year long renovation. The black surface that the card is sitting on is actually a large grand piano. People like to come and play on it, and the sound travels to every ear in the MSC. It is absolutely beautiful.



Next, we walked out of the MSC, and past Rudder Tower- The tallest building on campus.



As we continued past Rudder, we stopped to appreciate the the 9/11 memorial.



After viewing the memorial, a group of freshman members of the Corps of Cadets walked by. I stopped them and told them that my cousin sent me this awesome card from Afghanistan and I wanted her to see that I got it by showing her card in front of A&M staples. They were really happy to take the picture (being as they are freshman in the corps...meaning they are pretty low on the totem pole, I'm sure it made them feel cool for a change.) :)



Almost home! This is my dorm!




Ah! Home, sweet home. ( See my Edward Cullen poster? ;) )



And last, but not least, here's me showing my new friend my blog, where she would make her debut!



Thank you La La!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Evangeline said...

I feel so loved!

February 25, 2009 at 11:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, LOL. I am so happpy I got a perfectly justified reason to judge somone. Thanks that really made my morning!

February 26, 2009 at 6:32 AM

 
Blogger Mrs. Fence said...

I always love getting a handmade card in the mail box. What a fun idea! Thanks for the tour of your campus. Have a great day!

February 28, 2009 at 4:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home